Oct 2, 2013

I am the traveler in an endless journey

I am the traveler in an endless journey
Dreams and hopes show me direction
Treading an unknown, long path
In the repeating cycles of death and birth
Many an experience I have en-route
Sorrows to mourn and joys to gloat
Friends, parents, siblings and others
Have come and gone in many lives
You being the only one
To be with me time and again
My existence entwined with yours
Delight and ecstasy I had in your presence

False Ego Overpowering my conscience
I neglected you for Ephemeral world’s opulence
You have gone leaving me alone
Standing like a stone I am in silence
Those unforgettable emotions and affections
Alive in reminiscences, seeming to be dreams
Your presence and my experience, was it an illusion
The garland of my dreams- withered and forsaken


Traveling in time on the journey of life
I find myself in troubled waters
Building a boat with hopes and dreams
With the oars of knowledge and action I travel

The tides of time and storms of circumstance
Destroy the structure of my hopes and dreams
Amidst the turbulence in the sea of change
I am in danger of being drowned

To you I surrender myself, My Lord
You build my ship and be its rudder
With devotion, under your guidance
I will cross the ocean with ease.



~Raghu Ram Malladi

No comments:

Post a Comment