Mar 22, 2012

WHAT IS THE REAL SELF REALISATION?


PRAHALAD SAYS (AS SAID BY SRILA PRABHUPAD):

"How can I save myself?" We forget our friends and even our relatives: "Let me first of all save myself."

Self preservation is the first law of nature.

In the grossest sense, the word atma--"self"--refers to the body. In the subtler sphere the mind or intelligence is the atma, and in the real sense atma means the soul.

In the gross stage we are very fond of protecting and satisfying the body, and in a subtler stage we are very fond of satisfying the mind and intelligence. But above the mental and intellectual planes, where the atmosphere is spiritualized, we can understand, "I am not this mind, intellect, or body. ‘Aham brahmasmi’--I am spirit, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord."

That is the platform of real understanding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment